Monday, November 13, 2023

Yet More on "Spirituality": My Poetic Communing with the "Spirits"

 Alcoholic, that is.  Here's my poetic take on that--GF



THE SPIRIT RESIDES WITHIN ME

(My Understanding of True Spirituality)

by

George Fish

 

The Spirit resides within me.

I think it’s Jack Daniels.

Or maybe it’s Jim Beam.

Or Beefeaters.

Or possibly Tanqueray.

Or could it be Stolichnaya?

Or Grey Goose?

Or even Old Overholt?

I’ve communed

with so many Spirits

these past few days

I don’t know

which ones remain.

Which ones will stay

for awhile,

and which ones

will go quickly,

or have even already left.

Hell, for all I know

the Spirit within me now

has a flowery demeanor.

Because that Spirit

I now have inside

could well be

Richard’s Wild Irish Rose!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment